4. Pray for the Nation (the Multitudes):
We recommend this prayer include:
• Pray for our nation’s leaders at all levels — federal, state, and local. Those in the White House, the Congress, Supreme Court, for Governors, Mayors, our Military, Law Enforcement and Civil Servants. (See the “Honor and Pray for Leadership” note at the end of this chapter.)
• Pray for Godly counsel to surround the President and our nation’s leaders.
• Pray for righteous judges and judgments.
• Pray America would fall to her knees under the convicting power of the Holy Spirit from the West Coast to the East Coast.
• Pray America would humble herself before God in genuine Repentance and Prayer, and that her eyes would be opened to see how great her sin, how great God’s love is, and how desperate her need is for Christ and His ways.
• Pray for blinded eyes to be opened and a genuine heart of repentance those living in sin – for the broken covenants (divorce), for immorality, perversion, adultery, and homosexuality, for idolatry and greed, and for the shedding of innocent blood (murder and abortion).
• Pray the eyes of the doctors performing abortions would be opened to the horrific murders they are commiting. Pray they would have an encounter with Christ and truth like Saul on the road to Damascus. By the power of Christ He was transformed from killing Christians to saving and helping them! Pray the abortion Doctors would be changed in such a way that God would use them to save these children rather than take their lives.
• Pray for corruption to be rooted out of our government, political, and judicial system, and businesses. And that integrity, righteousness and justice will prevail in our land. Pray we would love our neighbor as ourselves.
• Pray for a fundamental rebirth of this nation in righteousness and truth.
• Pray for a great Reformation across America, in our Churches and throughout depths and fabric of society. Pray the Godly foundations would be restored in our Government, in Education, in our Families, and every area of our culture – along with righteousness, honor, truth and the fear of the Lord.
• Pray for your local communities and cities. Pray our churches will shine and lead the way in caring for the poor, needy, sick, broken, orphan and widowed.
• Pray for those deceived by false religions such as Muslims, Hindus, and Buddhists, etc. Pray their eyes would be opened to the truth and the light of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Pray for the soul of our nation, for the prodigals to come home and for the multitudes racing towards eternity to come to Christ.
• Pray that America’s leaders will heed God’s call, humble themselves and turn back to Him before great judgment comes. Pray for them to officially turn America back to Him with a “New Declaration” (See the America Has A Decision to Make chapter).
• Pray the Spirit of God would rain down upon our land, cleansing and rooting out wickedness, rebellion, the occult and corruption.